Frequently Asked Questions
Here is an itemized list of what to expect:
- Head to Ridin' Dirty Rentals.
- Fill out the paperwork we provide for you.
- Get fitted for helmets and review our safety information.
- Follow our transport to the staging area.
- Pay Attention to our 'hands on instructions' provided at the staging area.
- Time to return is set after instructions are complete.
What is included in the price:
- ATV safety permits
- Transportation of the machines
Not included in the price:
- Parking Fee at staging area is $4 per vehicle.
- Credit/Debit card processing fee of 4%
We recommend you try our wolverine 450 4X4 because they are very fun and have the perfect amount of power. Most frequently we suggest a RZR 900 for a family excursion, but it could depend on how many people you have.
Toddlers can definitely ride as long as they are at least 3 years of age, have a legal car seat, and are big enough to safely wear a helmet. Toddlers under a certain size are not recommended to wear a helmet because it could be damaging to their necks. If they cannot fit into our baby helmets or have difficulty wearing the helmet, we would advise against it.
We transport the machines to the ATV staging area located 2.5 miles away. You are welcome to ride with us or follow us there in your own vehicle. There is a parking fee if you bring your own vehicle but then you have a place to take a break if you choose.
Yes, you can take personal breaks. However, keep in mind your riding time does not stop.
The best time to come in and rent would typically be around 10am-12pm. During this time it is not as busy and usually less windy.
You should wear long pants, closed toe shoes or boots, and at least bring a sweatshirt or jacket. Windbreakers are nice because it can be cold while you are riding in the wind and warm when you are not. We recommend you have gloves but they are not always necessary.
We will provide you a helmet with your rental but gloves are only available for purchase. Sorry, we do not rent out gloves because we have lost too many.
The RZR's do have a glove box and there are sack packs available for ATVs at no charge. This is one reason some people choose to pay for parking and bring their vehicle out to the staging area.
We suggest a two-hour rental so that the first hour you can learn your surroundings and your ride. Then the next hour can be all about the fun and yet still be safe.
If you ride with us then you can leave your vehicle at our parking lot. If you choose to bring your own vehicle then there is a $4 daily parking fee at the staging area.
- One customer wore their Apple fit-bit during a two hour ride and told us their activity level was recorded as a light bicycle ride.
- Bald Eagles are often sighted above Banshee Hill.
- Sunscreen is advisable even on overcast days.
- Have Fun, Be Safe!